As you may know, Vasanti Cosmetics is supporting an anti-poverty fundraiser and awareness campaign called Wear White 4 Windfall. If you are not aware, you can read more about it here.
All proceeds from the sales of Vasanti's Arctic Shimmer and Snowflake Shimmer Powders are going towards the WW4W campaign.
I have both of these shimmers and absolutely love them!!!
Arctic Shimmer is a luminous, pure pigment powder that will brighten any face. This is an easy shade to use for a day or an evening look and can be used on the eyes, cheeks and/or body!
Snowflake is probably the most fun you'll have with sparkle! It's a light powder that can be dusted across your face or body to add pizazz to any look.
Here are the swatches:
To show how easy it is to use the Shimmer Powders, I created two looks using Arctic Shimmer. I love that this product is buildable - I did not remove anything from Look 1 when creating Look 2 - I simply added some shadow to make it an evening look:
1) Dip a flat eyeshadow brush in Arctic Shimmer Powder and pat over the entire lid
2) Use a fan brush to sweep away any excess dust
3) Finish the look with eyeliner and mascara to your discretion (I used black liner on the waterline and thin line on the top of the lid with mascara on the top lashes only)
Follow Steps 1-3 from Look 1
4) Use a black shadow (I used Vasanti Brasov) to shade the crease and outer corner of the eye
5) Dip a small fluffy brush in Arctic Shimmer and apply to the brow bone and inner eye corners for a brightening highlight
See? Two looks can be created very easily using one shimmer powder. My tip is to use a base on the eyelid to avoid creasing and to allow the pigment to really show. I used MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
I'll be working a Vasanti Event at Shoppers Drug Mart in Ajax (Westney Rd. & Hwy #2) on Saturday from 4pm to 7pm. Stop by if you are in the area - we can create an Arctic Shimmer look just for you :)
Also, the WW4W campaign is only on until January 31st, so remember to pick up your shimmers next time you are in a Rexall or Shoppers Drug Mart.
Have a great night!