But I am better late than never. I suppose.
Stephanie of Blushpretty and Fresh Beautiful hosted a Beauty Board event - have you been?
Basically, it's awesome... so you better be there next time.
What is it? Well, Stephanie gets a ton of beauty vendors to showcase some of their newest/top-selling items while product junkies like myself walk around and test them all out! For each vendor you write a review that (I think) goes back to them for feedback. Some vendors were selling products, while others were there to demo and talk about the brands.
I arrived a little late and didn't take any pictures (because I am sooooo awesome)...so I will refer you to Meredith's post and Elaine's post for full event coverage. Go now, check them out.
I can show you what I walked away with. First off, the swag bag:
I love me some good swag. Look how cute Stephanie is - she wrote a personal "thanks" on each of the bags for every attendee :) We all walked away with:
- Secret Deodorant
- Covergirl Mascara and lipstick
- Cheeky Monkey nail polish
- Avon/Mark samples including anti-bacterial hand gel, eye shadows and lip gloss
- Revolution Organics beauty balm
- Consonant Body Soap and Lotion samples
Here's a special shout-out to Elaine who is also an Avon/Mark rep - look at her fancy card in the middle!
You can also see Fiona's haul video - she talks a little bit more about each item. And she's cute and funny ;)
I also came home with a few purchased items...
- 2 Cheeky Monkey nail polishes (Thigh Highs and Dirty Secret)
- 3 Lip/Check Balms from Dalish
Reviews to come separately and soon.
So the end result? GO TO THE NEXT TORONTO BEAUTY BOARD EVENT!!!! It's a great way to:
- Sample new products from local companies
- Get awesome insight into products/brands by speaking with vendors
- Meet and network with other bloggers/people who love beauty products
- Eat great food and chill out to fun music on a Sunday afternoon :)
Big props (do people still say that?) goes to Stephanie for hosting such an awesome event.
I'll have details on the products coming soon (okay I've said it twice now - means you'll get it).
Hope your enjoying the long weekend!